Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day #132

Nooooo my Australian friend left this morning :( it was a sad goodbye, but it will motivate me to get a job during my senior year (EEP SENIOR YEAR WHAT) so that I can visit her in Australia! (Also because I'll be super broke and need to actually survive!)

I gathered up all my dirty laundry in my backpack (which, by this point, was getting rather ridiculous) and left for the day. I got a bus ticket to Valencia (which happened to be discounted for some reason I didn't understand but the woman assured me it was good so I'm trusting her), then headed to the laundromat, which was right next to that awesome market from yesterday! I got some fruit and green beans (VEGETABLES) for dinner tonight (totaling a whopping €1.80).

Oh and also it was 68° today WHAT


I trekked back to the hostel with clean clothes and yummy fruit. Back at the wifi, I booked my Valencia hostel and realized with terror that my 21st birthday is exactly three days away. When I first realized I'd be not only abroad (where your 21st birthday doesn't actually matter) and would be alone for my birthday, I was a little upset. However, since the dumb Super Bowl (I don't care how sacrilegious it is to call this Super Bowl "dumb" when I come from Patriots territory) is on my birthday this year, I am so incredibly happy to be abroad. Having the Super Bowl on your birthday is the worst ever. This is coming from experience. I am so sorry for everyone who has their birthdays on actual real holidays. Unless you love having your birthday on an actual real holiday, in which case YAY!

And with my dinner of green beans and fruit salad (to contrast the billion fried tapas and churros I've been eating), I bid you goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment