Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day #131

Alicante certainly is beautiful. And warm. And delicious.

We headed out to a market in the middle of Alicante and OH MAN THE FOOD. They had more fresh fruit than I've seen probably in all my time abroad so far. I invested in some strawberries, clementines, and dried fruit trail mix. All for under €4. Yum to the max.

There's this absolutely gorgeous beach right around the corner from our hostel, so we borrowed awful magazines from reception and took them to the beach and sat sipping our wine as we leisurely watched the waves roll into the sandy shore. Not a bad way to spend the day after the northeast had a huge snowstorm, eh?


On our way back from the market, we'd seen signs for a Star Wars exhibition at the Santa Barbara castle on the hill. We're talking a massive hill. But Luke had he massive task of saving the entire galaxy (which, granted, he messed up quite a bit), so in relation to that the mountain didn't seem so insanely large. Just regular large.

We also got to witness another beautiful sunset, of which I took roughly a billion more pictures that are almost all the same:


We asked some lady who told us the Star Wars exhibition was closed, and we were devastated. But, thanks to our keen eyes and presumably also The Force, WE FOUND THE EXHIBITION!! It was basically a collection of a million different types of Star Wars paraphernalia, from long-lost videos to every type of figurine to a tauntaun sleeping bag! Ugh, so clever.

Of course, I took some pictures with friends

"I love you." "I know."


My heaven.

We indulged in a few more €0.60 tapas and a chocolate & fruit crepe (MY BODY WAS NOT READY IT WAS SO DELICIOUS) before heading back to the hostel. My Australian friend starts her journey back home tomorrow after 6 months of traveling (crying everywhere, I'll miss her so much and see her again in the land of kangaroos and beaches), so we spent our last night watching (what else?) Pride and Prejudice! It gets me every time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment