Monday, January 26, 2015

Day #129

Ah, how I love leisurely starts to the day. And 55° weather! I hear there's a giant snow storm coming to the east coast or something.....?

Guess what we finally got today? CHURROS CON CHOCOLATE OH YEAH


Don't you just want to swim in that chocolate. But not get sticky. And also save some to eat. Okay so maybe I don't want to swim in it but it tasted super awesome delicious! The best part was (lol that's a lie, it was all the best part), the very kind sir behind the counter gave us two small extra (FREE) sweets after we finished our churros! And we all know how I feel about free food.

After wandering around for a wee bit in the gorgeous sunshine, we went to the event of the day: our Arabic baths and massages. Get ready, people. 

But first things first: we got to scrub up to go into the changing room! Brings me right back to Nicaragua...


So we got into our swim suits and were taken back in time and space to this magical land with 6 rooms and a heated floor made out of beautifully crafted ceramic tiles and flickering tea lights and vaulted ceilings with stone ornamentation and soothingly soft music. 

Room #1) the cold bath. I didn't spend much time in here, though it was rather refreshing!

Room #2) the tea and scrumptious smelling oils used for the massage. You could smell all 4 (pomegranate, rose, amber, and lavender) and then decide which you wanted for your massage. I chose pomegranate (apparently it's native to Granada!)

Room #3) the hot bath. I spent a lot of time in this room.

Room #4) the warm bath. I also spent a lot of time in here.

Room #5) the sauna. They used this cool mint mist thing that cleared my sinuses right up spectacularly!

Room #5) the most magical room: the massage room.

A 15 minute massage and 1.5 hours in heaven later, I was the most relaxed I think I have ever been in my entire life.


We grabbed some tapas and a delectable Brie and jam sandwich to round off the evening. Life is most definitely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment