Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day #128

I'm constantly at war with myself over whether I'll have amazing legs from walking/hiking everywhere while I'm in Europe, or if I'll have about 500 pounds of happiness weight thanks to all the food I'm eating. Maybe both?

We booked our tickets for the Arabic baths and a massage tomorrow (student discount price yayayay!!), soon extremely excited for my first (albeit, short) professional massage!

After, we headed to this secret little place someone from my Seville hostel role me about- apparently at the Monastery de San Bernando, you find a turntable in a slightly sketchily lit room. You press a button and hear a voice behind the turntable. That voice belongs to a nun. The turntable turns, and you get NUN COOKIES. Then you put your money on the turntable and you're blessed for all eternity! Or something like that!

These cookies are incredible. Also some are shaped like hearts.


Cookies in hand, we hiked up the big hill to the Alhombra, which is this giant castle  thing that's like the Arabic version of Versailles, complete with super ornamentation and rolling grounds. Unlike Versailles, the Alhombra is on an enormous mountain, so when you climb to the top of towers or even to the edge of the gardens (which are on the sides of the mountain), the views just get more and more breathtaking.


(This is the cover to my next mixtape, in case anyone was wondering)


I just... Wow. Just wow. That will be all.

We grabbed some comida del día, and I sampled the seafood paella. It was a good choice.

After soaking up some sweet wifi, we headed to a flamenco show! Although I saw one in Seville, everyone has been telling me that Seville and Granada flamenco are very different styles, and they're right. This one was in much closer quarters, and I actually think I preferred this one, though they were both excellent (based on my admittedly limited knowledge of flamenco). The Seville flamenco seemed more sad while the Granada flamenco seemed more angry and fiery.

We stopped for dessert on the way home, and thank god we did. Take a long look at these sweets we devoured, and try not to be the most jealous you've ever been:


Spoiler alert: that chocolate thing was filled with gooey chocolate sauce, and the pie-shaped piece of heaven had jam and cream and happiness layered with joy and chocolate.

To top off a perfect day, I got an adorable snap chat from my mom. How cute is my family?


Answer: the cutest. Lo siento, no lo siento.


1 comment: