Monday, January 5, 2015

Day #108

Alice and I went on our free walking tour of vienna today! Even though it deleted incessantly on us throughout the 2 1/2 hours we were outside, we got to see the beautiful architecture and hear about some of the fascinating history of Vienna from our lovely tour guide Barbara (who was no phased by the snow, and I suspect might be impervious to cold in an awesome superhero kind of way).

To warm up after the tour, we went into the closest store, which happened to be Zara. Lo and behold, we found some of the most excellent scarves there. Mine doubles as a blanket. Yes, a literal blanket. I am currently using it as such as I lay in bed. These new garments helped keep the snow out of our faces as we trudged back up the Main Street and stopped in just about every third store on the way back to our hostel.

But BEFORE we got to the Main Street and AFTER we got our scarves, we stopped by TrzeĊ›niewski, a small coffee and finger food shop that Kafka frequented when in Vienna. I pretended to be Gregor Samsa, mid-transformation.


Back at our hostel, we made delicious €1 pizzas for dinner and enjoyed the warmth (and dry) of the indoors. Along with a little modeling.


Alice is off to Salzburg tomorrow (though not in that exact outfit), and I'll be planning the next 2 months of my life- hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment