Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day #123

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS GUY RIGHT HERE 


(He's eating a graham cracker)

15 years old, but he still feeds me and watches doctor who with me and sings Disney songs with me. Who could ask for more?

I woke up super early (not actually true- it was like 7:15) to watch the sunrise over the canal. Since the sun didn't come up until 8:37 this morning, I had plenty of time to savor dat beauty. None of the pictures of my phone do it any justice, but when do they ever?


Even though it was short because of a bad wifi connection, I got to skype with Kayla, who is still halfway across the world and killing it in Japan. But she's not actually killing anything. Where did that prase even come from? Like, I get it, but..... Too violent for my taste.

It rained some more today, but I ventured out to get some food to cook in the kitchen for lunch & dinner. More pasta and meat sauce with zucchini! 

One of the people I met here is a huge Jane Austen fan as well, and recommended a really cheesy play on Pride and Prejudice called Lost in Austen. She was right- it's super hoakey (is this a word? Mental note to look it up later), but I watched 2/4 episodes and ugh everything Jane Austen is wonderful even when it's actually pretty bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment