Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day #110

Ahhhhhh I forgot to post yesterday because I found a German version of Pride and Prejudice on the German Netflix and that consumed my night because now I know how I'll learn German! 

But back to the beginning. In the morning, Alice and I ventured off to Schonbrunn Palace, which is Austria's answer to the French Versailles. Also, it's the place where wee little Mozart for performed at the age of 6. The grounds were beautifully covered with a light coating of snow, and some sassy statues made the experience truly unforgettable. Also, Alice and I will be moving into the palace shortly.


After the palace, we got lunch at a small market where they had AVOCADO HUMMUS so I was happy as a clam (are clams actually happy? I'll get back to you on that).

On our walk to the Neue Burg, it started SNOWING! This time, though, it was pretty snow so we took a bunch of pictures. Alice could be on a Christmas card:


The Neue Burg was actually really cool, and also deserted so we basically had most of the museum to ourselves. There were partial statues downstairs, and upstairs housed a collection of historic musical instruments (INCLUDING AN OCARINA), along with lots and lots and lots of armor.

(For those who don't know, there's an old Legend of Zelda video game called The Ocarina of Time in which you are Link, who has a magical ocarina that can do different magical things depending on which magical tune you play. And finding an ocarina was super exciting because I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE REAL INSTRUMENTS OUTSIDE OF THAT VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!)

On our way back from the Neue Berg, we stopped by the Dunkin Donuts- the very nice server gave me a medium hot chocolate for the price of a large, and even put in some extra caramel flavor! Dunkin, you're the best. They had really rad donuts too, like Mrs. Happy International and Mr. Austria:


Tummies very happy, we headed back to our hostel, where I found out that Pride and Prejudice can als be in German.... Full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment