Monday, January 19, 2015

Day #121

Though it was a rainy day today, my hostel friends and I still managed to get out to the Cathedral, which is free to all on Sunday's. It was weird to hear a catholic mass in Spanish, and even weirder to understand it!

Next: more tapas! Tapas are great. I can eat so many different kinds of food for so little money and be able to try EVERYTHING. Today I sampled breaded zucchini, patatas with sauce, some cool type of eggplant, strange sweet cheese, and lots of bread. I think everyone is convinced I'm a vegetarian, but it's really just that I don't know as many Spanish meat words as other food words... Oops.

Back at the hostel, we hid from the rain and played card games while drinking tea. I got to skype with my great friend Nitheesha for a while before the hostel dinner. And WOW, this dinner...

(I haven't talked about food in a while, can you tell I'm excited?)

Shepard's pie in individual dishes with bread, peas, and sautéed mushrooms. Coupled with the rainy day, that meal hit the spot.


My hostel friend was really excited about it too.

No rain in the forecast tomorrow YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment