Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day #41

Since I didn't receive any replies, I'm going to assume it was just as hard for everyone else to think of a 40-days-40-nights joke. I'm glad it wasn't just me.

As of right now in the UK, IT'S HALLOWEEN! MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY! The day that you can dress as any character ever and I guess candy is okay too but MOSTLY CHARACTER COSTUMES and also pumpkins. Speaking of pumpkins, my friends and I carved ours today!


If you've never watched the tv series Avatar the Last Airbender, you should do yourself a solid- drop whatever you're doing and start watching immediately. Watch with your friends, your kids, your parents, your pets, your class, your work associates. This is also my second ATLA-themed pumpkin in two years; last year I carved a flying bison!

My Norwegian friend had never carved pumpkins before, so to counter our American tradition she made authentic Norwegian pancakes for dinner, which were an absolute treat. Speaking of food (when am I not?), Tescos delivered our groceries today! What a pleasant experience. And now I have food again!

Oh yeah, also I had class. It was nice. We talked about Kafka's Metamorphosis and bugs and Benedict Cumberbatch and identity crisis. 

Happy Halloween!! Have lots of fun and make sure your costume does not perpetuate any negative and/or potentially disrespectful cultural stereotypes! Yay for cultural appropriation and fun for all!


No comments:

Post a Comment