Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day #33

Today I was very British (and productive!) by going to the English equivalent of a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks (even though they still have Starbucks here), called Caffe Nero to do homework. Not only did I finish all my assignments due before Monday, but I also completed by list of potential classes at Heidelberg (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) which is a big deal because the entire website is, understandably, entirely in German. There was a lot of Google Translate going on. But I triumphed over this seemingly insurmountable predicament, and I have now submitted 6 possible classes, their descriptions, and what the corresponding class or classes would be at UMass so that I can get credit for them. Also I had a deliciously hipster-looking coffee.

But the real event of the day is that there was a Couch Surfing meet-up in downtown Canterbury so that people who are both hosting and staying in the area can meet each other and find other people who are interested in traveling. I met people from all over the UK and others from Germany, France, Italy, and Romania, just to name a few. Don't worry mom and dad, we met in a public setting and one of my house mates came with me, so I was safe. But everyone I met (there were about 12-15 of us) were very normal and extremely friendly; one offered to help me with my German, another offered to show me around the Cliffs of Dover, and all of them wanted to recommend places to see around Europe and talk with me about the United States. One of them have even been to Worcester. And liked it. (????????)

(Sorry to anyone from Worcester, I didn't mean any offense) (Mostly directed at Kayla) (Why do I use so many parentheses) (Good night world, I am sleep.)




No comments:

Post a Comment