Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day #40

Even a day later, I'm still basking in the resplendent curve of Bath's smile. Oh, Bath, you've won a special place in my heart. 

(Even though they kept using a quote from Northanger Abbey about a character saying she loves Bath, and misattributing it to a personal Jane Austen quote; Jane Austen actually kind of resented Bath because she was forced to move away from her books and thought the people in Bath were really snobby and mostly stuck up so making that a personal quote is extremely misleading, but I digress)

We went to Caffe Nero again today, and I did the housekeeping I haven't been doing during this busy week of London, wifi outage, class, and Bath. I also learned how to order groceries online for the very low delivery price of £1! This deal is great because the bus costs £1.70 one way, so even if we were to walk down then get the bus back because of heavy groceries, getting them delivered is still cheaper. Aw yis. 

Two of my friends and I also booked our trip to CARDIFF! The entire trip cost about £35, compared to a one-way ticket on the train which, at best, was £48. Finding deals on things is almost as good as food. Thank you, parents, for instilling me with an intense sense of frugality.

Finally, we closed out the night by getting pumpkins to carve for tomorrow (HALLOWEEN I AM SO EXCITED IT'S MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY) before going to our second Canterbury couch surfing meet up! 

I've been trying to think of a funny way to incorporate a reference to Jesus in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights since this is my 40th post, but it's late and I'm tired and I really did give it the good old college try. Let me know if you can come up with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment