Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day #29

I got to London around 1:30 after listening to some wonderfully informative history podcasts during the bus ride. Though it was hard to coordinate without being able to text each other (how did people do it back in the dark ages before cell phones when dinosaurs roamed the earth and man discovered fire?), we finally found each other and an open air market that included an enormous range of food, from fudge to pulled pork to jam to coconuts to these beautiful donuts here: 


I hadn't seen these friends in over a year, and it was wonderful to have a day to catch up in such an ideal location (even though a small child named Inez tried to steal our cookies).


As a personal note, I feel very out of place since I forgot to being my razor scooter and all the kids seem to have them. That should have been my carry-on. 

We went to Buckingham Palace at sunset, which was absolutely gorgeous. There was also a fountain right next to the Palace.


After an absolutely delicious dinner of Indian food, I listened to more history podcasts on the way back. 

I'd also like to do a shout-out to my Papa for sending me this email:


That's my ear. From 6 months ago. When my cousin made small paper hats and my Papa decided they were the perfect ear size and proceeded to take a picture. I hope there's no longer any confusion as to where I get my sense of humor.

From old friends to new friends to family, today has definitely been one of the best days so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment