Friday, October 24, 2014

Day #35

After much frustration with broken washing machines and wasted detergent (they really should label the broken ones), then the eventual renewal of faith in humanity in the form of kind people offering pens and sticky notes and empty machines and such, my laundry is finally done. And hanging in my room to dry, as per usual.

We tried out a Starbucks to study today, but were ambushed by at least 50 (this may be a very slight exaggeration, but my honest-to-goodness guess is around 35 or 40) high school kids who were only interested in milkshakes and noise. To console myself, I finished some homework and planned my trip to Dublin!  We are just waiting on a few details, but I should (hopefully)be buying the tickets tomorrow! *knocks incessantly on wood*

We then met up with an adorable Kent international organization that was hosting a fish & chips get together in Canterbury. So that you can share this joy with me, I shamelessly took a picture of my meal:

It doesn't get any more british than that. Afterwards, we bonded with some wonderful people (from Finland, Germany, Italy, Turkey, and various areas of the UK) over Harry Potter, Benedict Cumberbatch, and a vast number of things very near and dear to my heart  

Wish me luck with navigating the tube in London by myself tomorrow- my goal is to get from the bus stop to the first show, to the second show, and back to the bus stop all in one piece. That's not too much to ask, right? Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment