Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day #13

As of today, I have officially had all of my classes! I'm excited to see how the rest of the term goes. But the real adventure today was getting to see my very first play in England! My theatre class has 6 assigned plays to see this term, and tonight I saw "One Man, Two Guvnors" at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury. The production was extremely well done, with lots of slapstick humor and even some audience interaction! Have a picture of me being very excited with my ticket.


As a side note, my room here at Kent is also orange and white, just like my room at home. Somehow, Kent knew. Kudos to you, Kent.

The next play I'll be seeing is PRIDE AND PREJUDICE YAYAYAY MY FAVORITE EVER because Jane Austen is basically god. I have very high expectations. 

The rest of the night went smoothly until we encountered a spider the size of Aragog in our bathroom sink. I managed to kill it with hair spray, but I made some new friends because I wasn't about to pick Aragog up out of that sink with a ten foot hockey stick. Aragog has family. They'll come eat me in my sleep. Biggest complaint about Kent so far: NO SCREENS ON ANY WINDOWS OR DOORS. Thus an insane amount of bugs. But as far as complaints go, I'm living the life over here across the pond!


No comments:

Post a Comment