Monday, October 20, 2014

Day #31

In the aftermath of the emotional roller coaster of seeing Pride and Prejudice on stage last night, I didn't think anything could top that feeling of joy or Jane Austen's level of sass. I was wrong.

It started out like any other ordinary day; class dragged on, as did my feet from one slow lesson to the next underwhelming lecture. But the sky was blue and I held my head high, hoping that I could bring some Jane (I'm using her name as interchangeable with "happiness") into this drudgery we called our lives. Little did I know, Jane was right around the corner.

(Metaphorically speaking, that is. As much as I'd love to meet her in person, I fear that's not a very plausible possibility at present, what with her death and all)

Because, my friends, after hours of trial and error on every bus, train, tube, rent-a-car, rent-a-horse, sell-your-soul-to-get-there website on the vast internet, we have finally, FINALLY BOOKED OUT TICKETS TO VISIT BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here is Mrs. Bennet doing a perfect replica of my face when we finally got all the details to work out. One week from today, I will be in Bath!

Though that's the main excitement of the day, my blog post wouldn't be complete without an account of at least one of my meals. Today I discovered the beauty of boiled zucchini (which apparently they call something else here? It's all very confusing), stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, onion, and spices, topped with cheese. Here's the delicious visual from the website I used: 


Ours looked delicious as well, but we devoured them too quickly to take a picture. It should also be noted that, as you can see, the website I used had the instructions in Spanish. BUT by using a combination of my 8 years of Spanish classes and Google Translate, we were able to use the recipe anyway! YAY SPANISH! Our meal also included cheesey bread, which is a baguette that we cut about halfway into, then stuffed cheese in the crevices every two inches or so. More extremely successful food.

BATH, YEAH!




2 comments:

  1. teach me how to cook when you come back. ......im struggling. i had ramen for dinner again haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we will have multiple cooking days when i get back and eat all the wonderful food!

      Delete