Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day #25

I was able to get into town today and, along with checking the local shops and touring some aggressively adorable sights, I got (surprise, surprise) MORE FOOD! This cooking thing is fun but it does require trips to the store pretty often so that food doesn't go bad. Congrats on doing a good job all these years, parents.

As an aside, it is alarmingly hard to find Swiss cheese here. No one seems to know what it is, and the selection is limited to about 40 different kinds of cheddar, one of two monzerella, and maybe some Gorgonzola, Parmesan, or Brie if you're really lucky. But mostly cheddar. Lots and lots of cheddar. 

When I get home, I made some delicious meat balls to freeze and used the small amount of ground beef that was left to make a delicious honest to goodness 'murican cheeseburger. Feel free to bask in its beauty: 


And the meat balls:


The recipe said to space them an inch apart from each other, but the small glass contraption was much less expensive, so I took that whole "one inch" thing as a very loose guideline. More of a suggestion, really. They turned out delicious and were cooked all the way through, so no harm, no foul.

While I was in town I also got the passport-style photos I need for Germany done. They definitely look like mug shots because one of the requirements was not to smile. Ideal. 👌


No comments:

Post a Comment