Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day #16

It's official- tickets to an authentic English football match have been purchased! I'll be seeing Gillingham club team play. It's no premier league, but I'm no Bill Gates. By poor college student standards, this is a great find!

I've listed a few differences between the United States and England, but another important difference is store hours. In the states, stores tend to close between 8 and 10pm, usually a tad earlier on Sundays. In England, they close between 5 and 6pm on the daily. Slightly inconvenient for me, but what about if you're a real actual working adult person with a real actual working adult person job? You work 9-5 and then HAVE TEN MINUTES TO GET ALL OF YOUR GROCERIES IN THE MAD RUSH OF OTHER REAL ACTUAL WORKING ADULT PEOPLE WHO ALSO JUST GOT OUT OF WORK AND NEED TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES. Or what about the real actual adult people working at one of the stores that closes but you want more hours but your boss is like lol sry but we close so no more hrs 4 u

But I digress. We were able to get [almost] everything on our shopping list, and made delicious pasta and meat sauce, complete with chopped onion that we kind of won at karaoke last night. Also included was garlic bread, Parmesan cheese, and Phineas and Ferb.

Mom, if you're reading this, could you reply to my Facebook message? I'm trying to make real food, but need some recipes. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Come on Aunt Mary! She needs recipes! Ps. Kimmy when you come back teach me how to cook

    ReplyDelete