Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day #39

And what a Jane Austen day it was.

Our hostel came with free breakfast, and if you've read literally any of my other blog posts, you know that free is my favorite price, especially when it comes to food. Tummys happy, we headed to the Fashion Museum of Bath. The museum had a guided audio tour and we got to see outfits from every era of England's history... AND TRY ON A FEW. COMPLETE WITH A HISTORICAL BACKGROUND TO POSE IN FRONT OF.




Not to mention the men's costumes...


We moved on to have tea and scones at the Pump Room, where much of the first half of Northanger Abbey takes place. No wonder- that food was delicious.

Then, it was time. The moment is been waiting for. This was it. THE JANE AUSTEN CENTRE. We took a tour, watched a short video, and probably my favorite part was waking through the hall of pictures of Jane Austen, where one of them was captioned "probably Jane Austen" since they're not actually sure what she really looked like. We were able to dress up more, and this time one of my friends took on the role of Mr. Darcy.


To finish off the day before having dinner and getting on the bus, we stopped at the Fine Cheese Company store. Just in case you were worried the day couldn't get any more perfect, we got lots of free samples and I am now the proud owner of £8.21 worth of fine cheeses. 

I regret absolutely nothing. 


This is me pretending to eat all of the cheese. And with that, I bid you good night.







1 comment: