Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day #34


Remember that International Students thing I went to this weekend that had free cakes and tea and I did a survey thing? Well they randomly drew my survey and I won a £40 Amazon.com voucher! Now if only Amazon sold train tickets.... Though I'm sure I'll find some use for it sooner or later!

Friends in my English class informed me that two pizza places in the area do Two for One Tuesday's. This is very exciting information, and I am very excited to take advantage of this discovery. More on the topic of food, my English class is from 3-6, so we decided that next week we will order pizza for after class and bond over greasy cheese and tomato sauce on deliciously toasted bread. Who invented pizza? They deserve puppies that don't poop or pee on the rug.

[edit: according to Dictionary.com, 
  1. "Supposedly, this pizza was first created by the baker Raffaele Esposito in Naples. His creation was immediately a favorite, and Esposito was called to make a pizza for the visit of King Umberto and Queen Margherita of Italy in 1889."

    Ah, knowledge. Thank you, kind Raffaele.]

    English class was also wonderful today because we learned that Benedict Cumberbatch did a recording of Kafka's Metamorphosis, which, incidentally, we have to read for class before next week. This is a lucky discovery indeed.

    After some homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu (not to be confused with High School Musical's Corbin Bleu),
    I did a little more travel research and homework before calling it a night. Tomorrow is laundry day (thank goodness), so hello clean clothes that will adorn my room until they dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment