Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day #68

For the first time in a while, I slept in this morning. Ah 10am, how I have missed you. I did a little bit of homework before heading to my friend's rugby game. A few friends and I cheered her on until, unfortunately, she broke her nose about 20 minutes in. The good news is that she's doing fine now, and took it like a champ! The bad news is that Kent lost. But it was still a good game!

I got to skype with my professor about my final, which brings me to another good-news-bad-news situation. Good news: I've done a great job on my project so far and I'm further than most people in my class! Bad news: he wants the people who know what they're doing to be the first to present what they have so far on Monday! So, good. 

The completely good news with no bad strings attached is that I got my new house and room key today to replace the ones that were stolen in Dublin! And, because I had the criminal report reference number, Kent will wave the charge to get a new key! Making the best out of a bad situation- it's kind of my job. (HAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH)

But the real highlight of my day was the thanksgiving dinner hosted by Kent. I got to wear my new shoes (on sale from Primark, which is a store on the same level as Target. And that's saying something.)


But the most important part: THE FOOD. After rolls came mushroom soup for the first course.


The main course included turkey, mashed, roasted, and sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, veggies, Mac n cheese, stuffing, squash stuffed with corn and cheese, and a mini sausage wrapped in bacon. Feast your eyes on this beauty:


For dessert, they served Apple pie which looked so delicious that by the time I remembered to take a picture I had eaten it already. Oops. Also yum.

Though it certainly will not compare to my dad's turkey, my mom's sweet potato casserole, my papa's rolls, or my grammy's pies, I guess Kent did a pretty okay job with thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment