Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day #60

A complimentary full English breakfast at our hotel? I'll take it! The day started off mighty strong, Internet friends. Stomachs full and happy, we walked to the ruins of Canterbury Castle. On the way, we met a guy who grew up in Smithtown, Lond Island on the border of King's Park (hey Aunt Beth, Kelsey, Jack, and Emily!) who does anthropology lectures at the university of kent. Not only is it a small world, but I also got to pet his dog. Big thumbs up. 

Afterwards, we made our way to the cathedral. There were roughly ten billion school tours going on (I said roughly, but that's a pretty accurate estimate). The architecture was beautiful, as always, and the grounds around the cathedral were gorgeously green from all the rain. 

We explored Canterbury a little more, including a cute farmer's market near the West train station, were we indulged ourselves in the fresh bread and cheese. YUM.

We came back to the hotel for a tea and hot chocolate break to get out of the rain. I did a little homework, we watched a little One Direction on tv, all very british. Later, we are dinner at our hotel. I really should stop being surprised by how good the food is. English food really is good. Pinky promise. Dad thinks so too!


I got to meet some of the friends in the pub my dad made when I was in class, and we found out that one of them plays on the Gillingham football team, the same one I went to see in October! The world just keeps getting smaller, but just you wait- I got to pet another dog in the pub who belongs to a guy who lived in the same house as me when he went to the university. What are the odds!?

Finally, my dad and I rejoiced in the warmth and comfort of our respective authentic English jumpers. Have a ice picture of us posing together:


More pictures to follow- we just downloaded the pictures from my dad's camera, so there are roughly 400 more. But, as it's well after midnight here, bed comes first. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment