Monday, November 3, 2014

Day #45

Well, folks, the days of homework and midterms are upon us. Although I'm only taking two classes, I'm trying to tackle both of my midterms simultaneously (while also filling out the rest of my Heidelberg application; I've been accepted through UMass which means I'm guaranteed a spot, but still need to apply directly to Heidelberg University itself) because once it hits next week, I'm pretty much booked solid until December, give or take one or two days in a row. Maximum. I'm very excited to have all these trips planned, though that does mean much more time with my disturbing story for English. Yay.......?

Aside from all that school stuff, my Canadian friends plus my American friend and I are celebrating our first of three (that's right, THREE) Thanksgivings tomorrow! Since Canadian Thanksgiving is so early, we're celebrating with them between the two. Kent is also hosting a Thanksgiving for American students on the 26th, and my other American friends and I (along with some other students who are just really excited about food; I can't say I blame them) are going to celebrate together on the actual Thanksgiving Day. I'll have a lot to be thankful for, what with all the food. And also studying abroad and friends and family and all that other stuff I guess too.

Speaking of food (which I always am), I discovered the Food Network's Facebook page today. Yum me out the door.

Because I haven't really said anything interesting yet (and because these posts look a lot more inviting with a picture), I dug up the oldest picture I have saved that is easily accessible: the ID photo on my Kent OneCard. The story is thus: Apparently I don't like to take pictures a) alone, or b) with a normal face, and I had to find a picture with a white background for my Kent ID. So, this is a picture of me being very excited about a Zamboni. If there's one thing I love just as much as free food, it's a Zamboni. This is not a joke. They are majestic. Also I had to crop it to weird dimensions and my face had to be stretched a lot. But nonetheless, I hope your day was improved by seeing my excitement about Zambonis. Which is now the face anyone who ever looks me up at Kent will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment