Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day #67

Today we said goodbye to Ireland. I hope I can return someday under slightly better conditions, but Ireland certainly has redeemed itself. My 4 friends and I were in a 6-person hostel room, so this morning we said goodbye to the 6th person, Darren from New Zealand, and checked out before 10am. The hostel had delicious eggs and cheese on a bagel, and I got to walk the streets of Dublin one more time. All things considered, I really do like Dublin. It's a very manageable city and by this morning I was pleased to find that I sort of knew my way around already! 

Then it was time for the long trek back. We got a taxi from the hostel (Generator Hostel, for anyone out there traveling- I highly recommend this branch, which has locations around Europe) and got to the airport around 1:30. We got through security by about 2:15, and our flight left at 4 so we got some well-deserved noms to pass the time and satisfy our growling stomachs. The sunset was quite beautiful as we boarded the plane.


I slept a bit on the plane before touching down in London Luton around 5:30. We waited in the airport for another hour before waiting outside in the rain for our first of 3 busses which was supposed to come at 7. But it finally did arrive, and we got to victoria coach station around 8:45 where we got a little more food at the lovely Caffé Nero before boarding our second bus at 10. Two down, one to go!

More sleep and we arrived at canterbury at 11:45. Unfortunately we had to wait until 12:15 to get the next bus to campus, but I finally finally got back to my room at 12:45. Even though my room key was stolen, my door was thankfully unlocked so I am now laying in my own bed at long last. We may have gotten the luck of the Irish a bit late, but I'm glad it came at any rate.

......Cardiff on Friday................!

No comments:

Post a Comment