Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day #47

Today, As Told By Gifs from "The Office" 
(because we watched an episode today and I'm going to be honest, these posts have gotten a little bland as of late)

I was feeling pretty good this morning- sent a lot of e-mails, looked up some important information, productivity and whatnot.


But then it was laundry time. Why is laundry never simple?

I lugged basically all of the clothing I own down to the laundromat in the rain (I waited until the hail subsided), only to find it roped off with caution tape. There were a few policemen and fire fighters standing around, so I asked what was going on. Apparently, the laundromat had caught on fire. The policeman used the word "explosion".


Thankfully no one was hurt, but they gave me directions to another laundromat, which was far away. Where I had to lug my clothes. In the rain. 


After I loaded in my clothes and detergent, I found out that it only accepts 2 kinds of coins because the machines are partially broken. Guess which coins I didn't have?


I walked back to my house to get the right change (don't forget the rain), and eventually the washing machine worked. My clothes are now clean and hanging all over my room, as per usual.

Then it was time to work on that psycho-thriller/horror piece of creative writing I'm doing for my midterm. Although it's coming along, all the research I'm doing to make it realistic is very depressing, so the progress I made was a double edged sword. I'm writing (what I hope is) a pretty good story, but sometimes at the expense of my happiness. And sanity.


BUT IT'S ALL OKAY because I got an email back saying that the final step of my application process to Heidelberg is going to be A LOT easier than I thought! 


We ended the day by watching, you guessed it, an episode of The Office. After that, your day can't really be anything but a success, can it?


Goodnight, beautiful people of the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment