Friday, February 27, 2015

Day #159

Sorry folks, I've been pretty busy and out of wifi so here is Wednesday's installment of my life!

We woke up earlier than usual (aka like 8:30) to get up and dressed in time to visit a market down near the river before noon. And we made it! Our zucchini, red pepper, onion and mushrooms came to a grand total of under €3, so I'd say it was worth it.

After a break back at the hostel (the road back is just a really steep incline the entire trip, so we took a breather), we headed out again to find Lisbon's El Corte Ingles store. In case I haven't described them before, they're a giant mall. I'm talking 13 floors that stretch for about 3 blocks. It's overwhelming to say th least. We needed a few things to fly (travel sized containers for liquids, etc) and after about an hour in there I was more than done. We both got sweets to compensate for our lost sanity. I didn't mind the trade so much after that.

Back at the hostel, we made lunch with our newly bought veggies mixed with some pasta. Tom tried to create his own Alfredo sauce...... He tried really hard.... But I stuck with tomato.

I got to skype with Pallavi for a bit, then went to pack. Liquids back in travel-sized containers, I showered and ate dinner in my pajamas, followed by a game of FIFA before bed. Ready to face another long travel day!

Also, it was my friend Kayla's birthday! She was my roommate last year at UMass, and is in Japan for the year. Look how cute we are:


Happy 21, dearest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment