Monday, February 2, 2015

Day #136

What an overwhelming amount of love from all over the globe for my birthday. Could anyone ask for more?

Well, I mean, I guess I did. I got myself a cake.


Yep, that's Buzz and Woody. I figured it was appropriate for adulthood.

Don't worry, though, I didn't eat it all....................... Yet.

I also got to skype for a long time with my friend Elise who has been my neighbor since I can remember and my bus buddy every single morning throughout high school. We chatted and laughed and sang Taylor Swift together. It was beautiful.

This hostel is rather confusing because some things are wonderful (the shower always has warm water and the pressure is good, the kitchen facilities are always very clean), but other things are..... Well, missing (any type of knives other than butter knives, cutting boards, an oven, pot covers, any sort of drying materials like a towel), while still others are almost too abundant (there are 8 rubbish bins in the small kitchen without an oven. Without sharp knives! Riddle me that, Valencia). 

Anyway, dinner is always a challenge. Everything always turns out okay, though never quite how I intend it. Today I mixed ground beef and fresh tomatoes (cut with a butter knife on the table sans cutting board) and made bread and cheese to scoop the mixture (my arms are SUPER strong now from sawing apart that loaf of bread and slices of cheese with a butter knife). Delicious and worth the workout!

And, since it's officially after midnight here, ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL I SEE MY MOM YAYAYAYAY!!!!

How's that second blizzard, Massachusetts?


No comments:

Post a Comment