Friday, February 20, 2015

Day #152

okay I need to start not completely forgetting about these posts. READY, GO!

On Wednesday, Tom and I made our way out to the bus station early to grab our tickets to Portugal! We made it back in time for the walking tour at 11:30, but found out that there was a day trip to Toledo happening and decided to do that instead. An hour and a half later, we were in a bus with 4 other people on our way there!


HOLY TOLEDO, WE MADE IT!! (We took this picture for the lol's)

The people who came with us were super nice, too- one from California, and three from Brazil. We walked through the alcazar (the parts that were open), the main city square, the teeny tiny curving streets, around the cathedral (it was €8 to get in so I was not about that), through the Jewish quarter, and saw some beautiful scenes from the cliffs and bridges. We also climbed to the top of a church bell tower to get a panoramic view of the city, and I got trapped.


They locked me up for being too good looking. Sorry friends, never coming home.

Additionally, god shone down a ray of holy sunlight that, just for a minute, made Tom into Jesus.


I also gained a new catch phrase: "I'm not in this life for suffering."

It has multiple uses:

"Do your homework."
"I'm not in this life for suffering."

"Clean your room."
"I'm not in this life for suffering."

"I should go for a run... But I'm not in this life for suffering."

That motto is definitely right up there with my catchphrase for Spain: I could eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment