Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day #135

Feliz cumpleaños a mi, feliz cumpleaños a miiiiiiiii

When you have people wishing you happy birthday for 43 hours, spanning from San Diego to Sydney, it really does make you realize how small the world is. 

I started off the day with a pleasant screening of Sense and Sensibility.


I got to Skype with Kayla in Japan as well before the wifi decided to cut out, which is always such a treat! (sarcastic about the wifi cutting out, not at all sarcastic about skyping with Kayla)

A really nice girl from Belgium moved into my room in the hostel today, and we got lunch in the town center (which is much prettier than I thought!) before coming back to the hostel so I could skype with my family. They're so adorable that they made me a peanut butter swirl bar cake and let me blow out the candles from 3,661 miles away.


As I jokingly told my mom, I may be in a foreign country without any friends or family for my 21st birthday, but at least this year I didn't have gum surgery the day before my birthday! (Yeah that didn't make me super excited about turning 20)

To 21, to adult life (HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE), to more free food (one can only hope), and to onwards and upwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment