Friday, February 13, 2015

Day #146

TOM GOT HERE TODAY YAYAYAY!!!!!

I checked out of my first Barcelona hostel and walked he long 10 minutes to my second Barcelona hostel (Barcelona has about ten gazillion hostels), where I used wifi to skype Kayla for a bit until Tom arrived! Once Tom got here, we walked around and explored a little, and got some deliciously guac'ed up nachos 


Which we ate by the bay and admired a weird wire structure because Tom is an engineering genius and can explain that stuff to me. A nap and some hostelworld surfing later, we left the hostel again in search of dinner, and we're pleaseny surprised to find the festival of Santa Eulucia happening! Summary of her story:

Basically she was 13 and wouldn't denounce her Christianity so they rolled her down a hill in a barrel filled with rusty knives. Ouch. But when they opened the barrel, out flew a white dove! Also thy tried to burn her dead body at the stake and a freak snow storm happened. So she's the saint of Barcelona Cathedral!

I guess to celebrate they do dances in the middle of the squares and have GIANT people (I'm talking 3 stories high) made of paper mâché like material that dance through the streets.


After tapas and paella, we got back to the hostel and finally got some well-deserved sleep. Oh Barcelona, you're always so surprisingly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment