Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day #137

I would count today as a success purely because 3 different people came up and asked me for directions while I was out and about, completely in Spanish. I had to tell all of them that unfortunately I was not from Valencia either, but I was flattered that either a) I looked like a helpful person or the less likely b) that I looked like a native and knew my way around!

I found some cool old buildings today, though:


But I will be honest, Valencia is great but it hasn't impressed me as much as the rest of Spain. I also tried desperately to find the post office and finally mail my postcards, but I think some higher power does not want those post cards sent because my god I could not find that thing anywhere. But I did come back to the hostel and eat a lovely dinner with some lovely Toy Story cake that I shared with the two receptionists since There was a lot left.

Tomorrow, to Barcelona! Unlike this hostel in Valencia which is about a half hour, 45 minute metro ride from the bus station, my hostel in Barcelona is a 7 minute walk from the bus station! So YAY. 

TWO DAYS UNTIL MY MOM GETS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment