Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day #142

Now that my mom is gone *takes a few hours to cry a billion tears* I'll get back to updating the blog regularly since she's the one who messages me asking if I'm still alive every time I miss a day :)

On Sunday my mom and I headed out to Park Güell, which was rumored to have some more cool Gaudi architecture with Alice in Wonderland inspiration. Obviously I took some more pictures of my mom taking pictures.


We walked up hills, down hills; up stairs, down stairs; around and through various cool walkways and even found and school and football pitch (AND SO MANY DOGS), but could not find that darn Alice in Wonderland stuff. It wasn't until we got to the exit of the park that we finally found out (via a map that would have been really helpful at the beginning) that we had literally walked the entire park around the Gaudi Alice in Wonderland portion. Oops. But it was expensive and looks pretty through the gates so we decided it was for the best.

Since it was a Sunday, most museums were free after 3 so we headed to the music museum of Barcelona- my mom's idea. I'll admit that I wasn't expecting much, but WOW were those old instruments impressive. 

They also had a room of instruments you could play, including a keyboard, harp, cello, electric guitar, and another weird non-instrument looking thing. I played them all. Expertly. Because I'm an expert.



(I made the second one black and white so you can really feel my anguish as an artist)

Even though almost every store is closed on Sunday's, we found a few little market grocery store things that were open and grabbed stuff to make dinner. Broccoli and sandwiches later, our tummies were full and happy. And to appease our ever-growing love of Jane Austen, we watched the first half of the 2007 Persuasion and loved every minute.

"I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men."

"Perhaps I shall. Yes, yes, if you please, no reference to examples in books. Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands. I will not allow books to prove anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment