Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day #103

I'm going to post this now just in case I lose wifi like last night! Alice and I headed to the catacombs today and got there at 9:15, 45 minutes before it opened. We then proceeded to wait for about 3 1/2 hours in line to get in- but it was well worth the wait. We had digestives to keep us occupied, and when we finally got inside the tunnels and bones were absolutely incredible. Some informational signs told us about how freaked out the Parisians were when parts of their city randomly started sinking since they didn't know there were tunnels underneath... How creepy is that? Here's a nice picture of some of the bones we saw:


After we surfaced from the catacombs, we grabbed some lunch at the giant mall from yesterday and I purchased a proper winter coat- it's colder here than I thought, and my light-jacket-with-a-sweater combo just wasn't cutting it. But now I will be warm and happy!

It's not 2015 yet, but I want to wish everyone a very happy New Years! The past year has had its fair share of everything, and I'm very thankful for all of it. To 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment