Saturday, December 27, 2014

Day #99

Our bus arrived at Canterbury Station around 11:45, and I fell asleep as soon as we pulled away. However, neither Alice nor I knew that the total travel time fromCanterbury  to Paris included a two hour ferry ride! So, tired and confused, we left our bus and boarded a giant boat at 2:30am. I slept some more, this time on the floor. And then more back on the bus for another 3 hours.

We finally arrived in Paris at 8:45am (accounting for the hour time change). We dropped our bags off at our hostel and headed out to see the city! Ouais, baguette!

(Rest assured my French is steadily improving)

We checked out the Louvre, which is much larger than the misleading small glass pyramid jutting out of the ground. As always, I posed with some old (I'd even say ancient) friends.


I met this girl named Mona who smiled a lot but when I asked her about it she was pretty quiet and didn't say anything. Go figure.

Alice and I even managed to get the timer on my camera to work, successfully commemorating how gross we were after very little sleep and lots of travel! But we hide it pretty well


So we are back at our hostel and almost ready for bed. There was an adorable holiday fair downtown just like Edinburgh- I'm recalling digging this holiday spirit.

But even though Paris and traveling and exploring are all well and good, I can't wait to skype with my family tomorrow when I am more awake and less gross. I can't believe I'm missing a year with them, but I'll see all of their smiling faces tomorrow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment