Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day #76

Today was a very frand day indeed. Today was very important. Today was the day that everything changed. Today, the world became just a little bit warmer. (Literally)

Today, I invested in fleece-lined leggings.

This is what love feels like.

In other news (though what other news really matters after being warm and comfortable and further from freezing this winter as I backpack?), I took a trip to my old favorite Tesco and purchased more green food than I've eaten in a while. Salads really aren't a thing here. My Field Club skills from over the summer came in handy again (who would have thought?) because HUMMUS WAS ON SALE so I made a hummus wrap with chicken, cheese, spinach, and cucumbers. What's that, Food Network? You want to hire me? 


I also attended the couchsurfing meetup for the first time in a few weeks, and it was wonderful to see these lovely people again. It was even cooler now that I've actually successfully couchsurfed! Walking through downtown Canterbury during both grocery shopping and the couchsurfing meetup, I got to appreciate the beauty of Canterbury during the holidays. There are lights lining the shops, poinsettias in the windows, and trees decorated in streets. It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment