Monday, December 15, 2014

Day #87

Today was very productive. I got up, ready, showered, breakfasted, backpacked, and to the library by a little after 11. Where two of my friends and I sat for the majority of the day.

I took a break around 12:45 to go to my last theatre class, which basically consisted of snacks and motivational talk from my professor who told us that school and jobs don't matter and we're all too focused on money. Which I guess it true to a degree, but I'd like to argue that if you like your job, it doesn't feel like a job, so I'd like to do well in school so I can get a job I like, ya feel? But at any rate, the cookies were good. I brought them back to my friends studying at the library.


They were delish. Also the library is doing this thing during finals week where we're not allowed to bring warm food anywhere because the smell might distract others. Not because they're worried about us spilling or ruining books or anything.... Because of the smell. So, consequently, I bought a calzone and could not have it warmed up. It was a nice raw pizza inside bread. Just the way I like it. 

(Because sarcasm doesn't always translate so well over different sorts of text, I'll take a moment to point out that my last sentence about liking raw pizza is a lie)

Tangential to that thread, people (I realize I don't have a citation for this, but you're just going to have to trust me) are worried about my generation because oh no think about all the misunderstandings that come from texting and not talking in person and oh no we're losing touch with each other! well, I challenge those people to think about how long those darn snail mail letters took to send to each other and how sarcasm was just as hard to decipher in a letter 3 months after a person 100 miles away had written it, whereas with a text message, you can text back the next second and say "just wanted to clarify- was that sarcastic?" Instead of having to wait another 3 months for your carrier pigeon to get to them and another 3 months to get a reply, by which time they might be married to someone else already since you've had exactly 3 letters in 9 months, one of which was potentially misinterpreted. Isn't technology just grand?

But I digress.

I did a TON of research today and have a pretty solid rough draft of my first final completely done, so I'll be editing that tomorrow. If anyone would like to know anything about public ally funded theaters in the UK or their outreach programs (especially for students), I can definitely provide you with some enthrawling dinner conversation.

And on that note, it's time to read through one more time before bed. Sleep well, and may your dreams not be haunted by finals as mine are sure to be!

(More sarcasm)

(Hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment