Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day #97

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear"

Alice and I started off the morning by walking to the cathedral for the 11 o'clock mass, which I'm sure had a special name but I called it The Singing Mass because there was extra singing in this one. Because I've been away from the radio, I haven't gotten anywhere near my fill of holiday tunes, so I greatly enjoyed partaking in Christmas carols. The Archbishop of Canterbury was supposed to be at the mass, but unfortunately he was ill. Get better, Archbishop! 

We all opened our presents under our tiny Christmas tree- Ariel got some socks with bunnies (the signature animal of University of Kent) and Alice got fleece lined tights and leggings, which we will definitely need in the next month. Look at all that joy!


And the adorable Christmas jumper. That's the best part!

My family knows me well- I got socks (I UNIRONICALLY LOVE SOCKS SO MUCH), a large usb, headphones, and a way to charge my phone without my computer! They're too good to me.

Because they're awesome, my family also recorded themselves opening the presents I got for them, which made me feel like I was there with them. I skyped with everyone later in the day, and got to see my aunt, uncle, and two cousins in addition to my Papa, Grammy, and immediate family. And that was by far the best Christmas gift. *cue the awwwwwww*

For Christmas dinner, we made delicious kale and cauliflower mac&cheese with rolls on the side and Muddy Buddies (corn chex cereal tossed with melted peanut butter, chocolate, and confectionary sugar- the stuff of dreams and happiness and joy). After eating, Alice and I did some preparatory laundry that will hopefully last us a while! (We could use some extra fingers crossed on that front)

We closed out day with Elf, one of my favorite movies of all time.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from probably the only people left on campus!




No comments:

Post a Comment