Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day #83

Because day #82 was so long, I woke up pretty late today and finally caught up on some much needed sleep. I did a little research about my backpacking expeditin which is steadily approaching, and then prepared for my two presentations in class today. That's right, eveeybody, two. But it's a 3-hour class and they're both fun, so I wasn't too terribly worried.

In the first presentation, I played a man (complete with a men's sweater (thanks Matthew!), eyeliner mustache and beard, and hat to create the short hair look) who sat at a cafe drawing stick figures until he decided to follow this one girl around the room for he course of 6 songs, including Call Me Maybe, the Jaws theme, Your Love is My Drug, and the Pink Panther theme. When she realizes and gets creeped out, he's sad and sits in a chair for two days (we drew and sun and a moon on pieces of paper and held them up) until another girl walks by and he proceeds to follow her out of the room. Creepy, right?

We parodied a movie we watched called City of Sylvia (did I already talk about this in another blog post? Oops). The movie is very beautiful, but we wanted to prove that if you take away all the aesthetics (ruggedly mysterious handsome man, beautiful drawings, the streets of France,stringed instruments, etc) you'd really just be left with a movie about creepy stalking. Aesthetics are important. Also I'd like to point out that it's not cool (in fact, it's very problematic) to romanticize stalking. So there were lots of problems with this movie.

My second presentation was playing Foldy Foldy Draw Draw, one of my personal favorite games. It's similar to the game Telephone, but on paper. One person writes a phrase, such as "two elves eating cookies". The next person draws two elves eating cookies, then folds the paper so that only the new picture is showing. The next person writes what they think the picture is, the folds it over again so only the most recent words are showing, etc. At the end, it's great fun to see how the original phrase has changed. 

Our professor also brought us candy!

My classmates and I went out for dinner and when I got back my house mates and I watched some avatar. All in all, a very nice day back on campus, and a great last day of classes.

Because I like to try to have at least one picture in each blog post, here's a portrait made entirely out of jellybeans from a candy shop in Stratford upon Avon:


No comments:

Post a Comment