Friday, December 5, 2014

Day #77

Although today's post comes very late, there is a good reason. Stay tuned, loyal readers.

I got to skype with the lovely Kayla again this morning since we were cut off after a short 45 minutes yesterday. Afterwards, I went to work on my group project. Remember that really creepily romanticized movie about the guy stalking a girl? Well to prove that the movie is pretty much only about aesthetics, we're going to parody it for our presentation by taking away all the beauty from the film and purely replicating the plot while changing the aesthetics. For example, instead of beautiful classical music during the scene where he stalks her, we're going to alternate between the Jaws theme song, Mario video game theme, and Call Me Maybe, just to name a few. We're really excited. It should come as a surprise to no one that I will be playing the creepy guy.

I tried to do a little homework while making paper snowflakes after I got home, but alas- fate did not want me to decorate our house. I accidentally cut my finger pretty badly and it bled for upwards of two solid hours. Thankfully the cut was large but not deep, and I definitely do not need stitches! I am also very glad I happened to be skyping with Pallavi and Alice about two hours into the bleeding, because Alice and her biology major were able to help me assess my wound and clean it/help it finally stop bleeding. Who would have thought making paper snowflakes was such a dangerous task? 

Just to keep you all updated with Avatar since I know you're all on the edge of your seats every time I mention it, we just finished season 2 today! What a perfect story arch. What beautifully flawed characters. What heart wrenching plot twists. Ya dun good, Avatar.

We also got to see a lot of our good friends tonight. We started out with one group and listened to some throwbacks and classics, including High School Musical, my ultimate jam. Afterwards, we met some other friends at a pub downtown with board games and played some intense games of Jenga and Taboo. We then proceeded to my dad's old stomping grounds- the Miller's Arms, complete with all its festive Christmas decorations!


Though neither Manager Paul or Young Jack were there, I asked one of the women working there (who turned out to be Paul's wife) to give my regards to her husband from me and my dad. 

Last but certainly not least, my friends and I were asked to deliver a camera to another friend downtown tomorrow. As a gift, we left her a wonderful story of pictures on her camera for her viewing pleasure (and the viewing pleasure of the world, really- this stuff is pure gold). It involves me breaking up a bromance, a tragic event with a skateboard, and a harmonious reunion- for two of the three, anyway. I'm expecting an Oscar in the category of Best Everything.

But now it is really, REALLY time for sleep; way past my bedtime. Goodnight, beautiful people of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment