Monday, December 8, 2014

Day #80

Since we got in so last last night, I was very happy to sleep in a bit this morning. I did a little work and got ready for the day, then had my theatre class from 1-3, where I am realizing just how little I know about british culture. Afterwards my English group met to rehearse our presentation. Remember the movie about the creepy guy stalking the girl through the streets of France? Well, we're doing a parody (as most people who are reading this know, parodies are some of my favorite things, right up there with cheese and the Zamboni). Guess who I get to play? Heh heh heh *creepily follows girl to the tunes of the Jaws theme, Call Me Maybe, and the Pink Panther theme, among others*

Our rehearsals went well, and then I went to see the Imitation Game again with two different friends just because I liked it so much the first time. I managed not to cry this time, though I did tear up at the same parts... SPOILER ALERT DONT READ FURTHER I AM ABOUT TO SPOIL A VERY SMALL (kind of) PART OF THE MOVIE IN A VERY VAGUE WAY SKIP TO THE NEXT PARAGRAPH IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED there's this one part where one guy is upset because his brother is going to die on a ship about to be blown up by the Nazis. Because for some reason I always think of movies as my own life, my mind was like I DONT WANT MATTHEW AND NOLAN TO DIE so long story short Matthew and Nolan if you could just send me a short text to let me know you're alive that would be splendid and your crazy sister would appreciate it very much.

Tomorrow I'm off to see Oxford and Stratford-Upon-Avon, and will return very late Wednesday night. There will be a lot of bus and a lot of travel, but I'm glad my mom convinced me to go see these two places that have been on my list to see since I knew I was coming to England. I even downloaded a map of Oxford to go to different Harry Potter locations!

So, because I will be getting up very early (...again), I'm turning in early. Goodnight, world!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post but it didn't work. (I think). Hope you love Oxford! I was at Jesus College for 3 years! I rowed for Jesus and yes, it was a religious experience lol

    ReplyDelete