Friday, April 24, 2015

Days #212-216

Better a combined post than no post... Right? Hopefully? 

So! Monday!

Oh yeah. Let me tell you all a little story about the famous "German Efficiency".  My friends and I were signed up for the later German language class, which was supposed to run from 6:15-8pm on Mondays and Wednesday's. This Monday, the first Monday of class, they were going to post a sheet of paper in Max Weber Haus (an academic building in Heidelberg) saying where each language class would be taking place. I got to Max Weber Haus around 4:30, figuring that almost two hours would be an ample amount of time to get wherever I needed to be for 6:15. BUT ALAS! The school had other plans. Apparently they had cancelled the later language class without telling anyone, and my friends and I were now I a language class that started at (you guessed it) 4:30. In another academic building about a 45 minute commute walking/busing away. I panicked. We emailed people. We met with people. We emailed some more. Eventually it was all okay, but MAN was that scary. 

...and that was my Monday! Also I went for a run in the morning and took more beautiful pics of Heidelberg:


Tuesday!

I finally had my class Slavery in the Medieval Mediterranean! There are not one, not two, but SEVEN Americans from my group of friends who all decided to take this class independent of each other which is pretty funny. After class I went to a hipster coffee shop and drank some coffee and did some homework and avoided the paparazzi, as per usual.


I got some noms with friends at this delicious restaurant where I got noodles with sautéed veggies in a spicy sauce and I think died and went to heaven. More homework when I got home, and I called it a night.

Wednesday!

MARATHON CLASS DAY! My first class was Anthropology of Violence from 9-11, then American Fictions of Violence from 11-1, then German language class from 4:30-6. All good, all interesting, and I made it to all of them (though the bus ride between both violence classes was super scary because it took FOREVER and I thought I would be so late)! 

After my German language class, my friends and I had a family dinner in our lovely graveyard home. I made banana bread and, since it was our friend Carlos's birthday, we turned it into his cake!


All of the food was so. Delicious.

Thursday!

LAUNDRY TIME! Then I had my American Fictions of Violence class and learned a lot about German reeducation. I also was apparently the sole voice of America in my class so I should probably brush up on my American history. I went straight to softball practice which was exciting because we had scrimmage and I batted third in my team's lineup (whoop whoop!). We went out for a bit, and Tom drank his beer with all of his friends.


All in all, a successful four days.


No comments:

Post a Comment