Friday, April 10, 2015

Day #203

Apparently it's National Siblings Day? Didn't that already happen this year? Maybe it's not an annual thing? I mean siblings are pretty important so like did they all get together and decide they were worth an entire extra day? In any case, I shall commemorate this day the only way I know how:





...by embarrassing them. Nolan, be glad I didn't include Noleen in this post. 

Seriously speaking tho I brag about these two literally all the time to everyone here and my bros have actually been responding to the group message I created (it only took a few texts along the lines of "I'm playing a game called How Long Until My Brothers Love Me") which is totally rad. I'm gonna be honest, it's been rough without them but at least I can channel them by singing Chimpanzee Riding on a Segway every time I see a Segway go by.  

BUT BACK TO TRAVELING I have been rather sedentary these last few days and I gotta tell you all it feels great. It's nice to have a home again and I don't think I want to leave. I turned in a sheet this morning that will allow me to take German as a second language this semester (wish me good luck because seriously all jokes aside I'm not kidding I am actually the worst at learning languages ever). I then did a little work and research and emailing before heading to the lovely river again. 

Our huge friend group of people who were here early for the language course is slowly expanding in a wonderful way. Today there was juggling, a hand-stand contest, more frisbee, lots of snacks, a little bit of football (or soccer, for all of you Americans), and a lot of sun and smiles. 

Last but not least, I cooked up some DELICIOUS broccoli and mushrooms and walnuts and cheese plus sliced apples and peanut butter and toast and... Wait for it... ORANGE JUICE because that stuff is amazing and I haven't had it in forever. I put it on a pretty plate and took a pic and filtered it, just for all of you:


Not too shabby, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment