Friday, April 17, 2015

Day #208

Wow wow wow Wednesday. I started off the day with the first episode of the podcast "Serial", which my mom recommended to me back before I started backpacking. Unfortunately, she also told me that it was a podcast about investigating the murder of a girl only a few years younger than me, so I decided to wait until I actually had a home and knew people to start listening. There are 12 episodes, and I'd like you all to know that I listened to the first 6 over the course of this day. It's good. Go take a listen.


After about 2 1/2 episodes, I left for my class, and was sitting outside waiting in the sunlight when three women from India came up and started asking me questions about Heidelberg. They were extremely pleasant, and the third question they asked me (after where I was from and if I was a student here) was if I had a boyfriend. When I chuckled and laughed and told them no, they looked confused and asked why not. We chatted for a little bit longer, and when they left, one turned to me and said, "it was very nice to meet you, and I hope you get a boyfriend because at your age it is very nice!" Another corrected her, saying, "at any age it is very nice!" I got some nice lawls out of that.

Then, my class: American Fictions of Violence. Everybody, I am very excited for this class. The professor was super enthusiastic and happy about his subject and life in general and also for the class we get to read Poe and watch Kill Bill. That's pretty much the coolest class ever, if I'm not mistaken.

One Mensa later, I headed over to the Neckar again. Because beautiful weather = sit by the river. Since it reached 80°F on Wednesday, I did the smart, responsible thing and invested in SUNSCREEN! Look at how adult I am! We even brought some bubbles with us and had a grand old time.


Oh yeah also that's Ian really enjoying putting my sunscreen on his face.

A couple of my friends and I did a family dinner which was a delicious curry with broccoli, peppers, chicken and rice. Though the food was delicious, the highlight was definitely singing all of the high school musical songs while we cooked. You know why? Because....



No comments:

Post a Comment