Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day #163

Tom and I ventured into the old town of Heidelberg today! I'm not gonna lie, I was skeptical about Heidelberg being beautiful when I first got here- the part right out of the train station is very safe and nice, but very industrial and not at all the fairy tale village I had imagined and been told about. But the old town, man.... Magical.

It is literally Canterbury, but German. That's the only way I can describe it. And instead of the cathedral, it has a castle.


Even through the rain, Heidelberg was just stunning.

We got more döner for lunch since I forgot that every single thing ever closes on Sunday's in Europe. After looking at some potential classes for this semester (they finally have their courses online!), we got dinner at a Thai place in the train station (fast a cheap, so I wasn't complaining) and packed to get ready for tomorrow. It will definitely be a whirlwind day... On that note, don't be concerned if I don't post of of the posts are late the next few days- apparently it may take a while to get wifi in our accommodations depending on where they are. Fingers crossed, and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment