Monday, March 2, 2015

Day #164

No wifi in room yet and class things soon but Starbucks wifi now and everything is wonderful with an ACTUAL ROOM so yay and I will be more specific and descriptive when I have more time for wifi later! 

For now look at these very few but very adorable decorations in my room:


EDIT: Tom, a girl we met in our hostel from Arizona, and I went to the office right as it opened- nice and early 8am! We got all of our housing figured out by about 9:15 and went back to our hostel to have breakfast and check out by 11. After that I walked about half an hour... With my backpack... Carrying bags... To my accommodation which is about a 15-20 minute tram ride away from the main square, called Bismarkplatz. 

My housekeeper is SUPER adorable and doesn't speak much English, but he loves Obama and Massachusetts so I'm pretty much all set for life.

I dropped off all my stuff (this was the BEST feeling because now I FINALLY HAVE A PLACE THATS NOT A HOSTEL!) and then met friends to get sheets, a pillow, blanket, etc. 

I got my stand-in student card so that I could DO LAUNDRY (ALL OF MY CLOTHES ARE FINALLY CLEAN PRAISE THE LORD JESUS ABOVE). 

So that was pretty much the highlight of my day.

I met some more people while getting sheets and we met up again later that night for dinner and to hang out with a campus student group. All in all, a wonderful end to my first night being actually enrolled in Heidelberg University!

No comments:

Post a Comment