Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day #165



Busy busy busy....! My day started at 7 when I woke up, took the tram to Bismarkplatz, had some breakfast, and then took the bus (along with a few other very confused people) to the student center (a total of about half an hour travel time, keep in mind), and took the placement test at 10. And by "took the placement test", I mean I wrote my name on it and handed it in. But that's what they told us to do if we didn't know any German, so I'm totally fine with that.

We explored the campus for a bit (Tom acted as out your guide, pictured below) until the welcome lunch started at noon and then had orientation with lots of papers and information for the next few hours before heading back to uniplatz to do some more preparation. Now here's that picture of Tom I promised:


I got more things (another blanket, notebook, groceries) and stored them in Tom's room which is much closer to the town center before meeting up with other people is met at the test for dinner. We had a lovely and lovely authentic meal with schnitzel (again, pictured below), and got to see the incredible vision of Heidelberg Castle lit up at night. 


We scavenged for wifi a little longer (I've spent way more time at Starbucks than if care to admit since neither my housing not the university has free wifi, so I'm pretty much on my own, thus why I haven't posted like at all ever), then headed home, groceries and blanket in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment