Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day #166

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!


Not knowing how long it would take to get to class, my friends (WHO LIVE IN THE SAME BUILDING AS ME!!) and I boarded the tram around 7:45. Yes, folks, 7:45. Armed with my apple, banana, and peanut butter, we got to class roughly 45 minutes early and then walked around the old town a bit before heading into class. 

You'll all be excited to know that this whole education thing is not being wasted on me. Here is a comprehensive list of a few German phrases I now know:

Mein Name ist Kimberly Brown
(My name is Kimberly Brown, formal)

Ich heiße Kim
(I'm Kim, informal)

Tut mir leid 
(I'm sorry)

Entschuldigung
(Excuse me)

Ich komme aus den USA, aus Massachusetts
(I'm from the United States, for Massachusetts)

Ich lerne Deutsch! 
(I'm learning German!)

I can now apologize thoroughly for bumping into everyone on the streets! And, if you're reading this blog with me, you too can learn German with me! Our teacher was super nice and looked like an old Tom Hanks and sang for us and even acted out skiing and it was glorious.

Other eventful events of the day included:

-Groceries
-paperwork
-paperwork
-setting up a German bank account
-paperwork
-searching for wifi
-paperwork

And then to sleep. Successful first day of school. 



No comments:

Post a Comment