Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day #2

Lots of airport. More sleep than expected, but still nodding off everywhere. Extreme jet lag. Financial aid. No functional outlet converters. No sheets. No floss. Logistics.

HOWEVER
My room is wonderful, my flatmates are from Vermont, Sussex, Norway, and Japan (Kayla, she was very impressed with the 4 phrases I knew), the pizza is delicious, the campus is beautiful (even in my groggy state), and I am making a list of upcoming events while we plan how to decorate our flat and achieve our goal in being simultaneously the most adorable and the classiest flat on campus, possibly the world. We each have a cabinet in the kitchen which we plan on using to leave each other adorable and classy notes.
I have learned quite a few differences between American and British slang. For example:
#1. "Pissed" does not mean angry.
#2. "Pants" are not interchangeable with "trousers".
#3. "IT'S A FOOTBALL PITCH, KIM."

Also, happy almost 50th birthday, University of Kent!

No comments:

Post a Comment