Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day #289

The day of Tom and Tina's birthday party slash Martin's going away party! Exclamation point for the extreme happiness and sadness! 

To celebrate all of these things, a ton of people came out to the bank of the Neckar during the day. Throughout the last few days, I had been collecting signatures for Tom's birthday card, which was a fabulous compilation of weird pictures of him doing weird things or making weird faces. I put this card inside a mug that said "#1 Dad" in german, wrapped around a stick. Because, as you may have heard, good friends STICK together. 


Oh yes, Internet, that is the holiday card I gave out to my friends during my sophomore year of high school. World, meet 15 year old Kim and Tom. In perfect friend fashion, Tom kept it and showed me this picture before he came backpacking with me. In also perfect friend fashion (if I do say so myself), I replicated that card for his 21st birthday. 

On the sad side of things, my friends and I took a picture with Martin who deserted us early; this is still the background for the lock screen of my phone:


Sorry I ruined the picture with my lack of sunglasses, everyone.

We headed back to Mensa and our friend Alex played some sad songs to set the mood, ending with a classic rendition of Closing Time. As we've learned from that song, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.


No comments:

Post a Comment