Friday, May 22, 2015

Days #232-244

So, it's been quite the few weeks. Here are a few updates:

Monday May 11-Tuesday May 19 I have been varying degrees of sick, starting with a fever, then progressing to a sinus infection and then to tonsillitis. I am still a little bit congested but I am done with my antibiotics and (hopefully) in the clear!

Tuesday, May 12 I was printing in the university library for a presentation later that day, and my phone was stolen while I was retrieving the copies. My presentation was cancelled later that day.

I spent Wednesday, May 13 - Sunday May 17 in solitary confinement trying to get better, with the exception of leaving to go to the doctor.

I was supposed to go to Zurich, Switzerland on the weekend of May 15-17, but because of my illness I wasn't able to go.

I spent most of Monday-Wednesday the 18-20 doing homework and catching up on what I missed while I was sick. My main assignment was a presentation with a partner that ended up taking much longer than we thought. When I arrived at my 9am class after a 25 minute tram ride, I found out that class was cancelled and our presentations would take place the next week.

I was supposed to leave for Athens, Greece on Thursday, May 21 to meet one of my best friends for her 21st birthday. My flight left from Stuttgart at 8:25am. The day before I left (Wednesday), I left my language class at 6pm when I heard that there was a German Bahn (transportation) strike. I went straight to the central rail station to check on my train to the airport the next morning, and they told me that there were no transportation options to get me to the airport on time. I went straight home to find alternate options, but because I didn't cancel my flight more than 24 hours in advance I couldn't get a refund, and without a refund I couldn't afford to buy replacement tickets. Long story short: no Greece.

Yesterday my friends and I tried to plan a trip to Salzburg, Austria to see the hills alive with the sound of music, but, alas, that didn't end up panning out either. 

It's been quite the few weeks.

On the up side, my fabulous mother helped a LOT and picked up and shipped me a new phone in time for me to go to Greece, so I do in fact now have a phone again. 

And these few weeks can go nowhere but up from here!

Have a picture of Nolan imitation a statue, aka:


OH AND I now officially have a flight home! August 4, see ya, America! 

1 comment: